This work is being done with careful analysis and meaningful consultation with the public and stakeholders. This is very important to ensuring that the Plan is rooted in an excellent understanding of existing conditions and is a useful document for the community.
The Municipality is reaching out to ask how residents, business, and community groups see Cumberland and how they would like it to evolve. Do we have the jobs and services to attract and retain young families? How can we help enable small businesses and the agricultural sector? These questions and many more will be asked throughout the Plan Cumberland project.
A series of activities, events and other ways to get involved will be announced soon, and what we hear throughout the consultations will be shared here.
Please CONTACT US at any time.
YOUTH PHOTO PROJECT
We believe that how the youth of Cumberland see our municipality is integral to informing our future direction. Where are your favorite places? What would you like to see change? Also, now that warmer weather is upon us, we’d love to see you getting out and about the county! Through photos, please show us how you see Cumberland County.
Here is how:
- Add the photos to the map in real time from your phone, or upload later from a computer.
- Sign in using an already established online profile, or continue as ‘a guest’
- Click ‘Participate’
- Upload your photos
- Include your name and email to be entered in the prize draw, or contact us with your info.
- Add more details/context in the captions, or leave blank and let the photo speak for itself.
- Share the project on social media! Use the share buttons, and add hashtags if you like:
All participants will be entered in a prize draw for a chance to WIN A SEA KAYAKING DAY TOUR in Advocate.
Open to anyone 30 years or younger. Deadline to submit is August 31st.